Analyzing an historical debate | History homework help
Analyzing an Historical Debate
For this assignment, you will analyze an historical issue from the first half of U.S. History (pre-1877). You will need to compare at least two opposing perspectives on that issue.
Part I. Introduction
1. Describe in general the issue that is debated:
For example, you may analyze the importance of this issue important to the culture, economics, political system, or social structure at the time.
Part II. Historical Debate
- What is the main argument in each perspective? On what points do they agree or disagree?
- Analyze the evidence that is provided to support each thesis: What types of evidence are used? Does the evidence support the thesis?
Part III. Conclusion
- How did the reading(s) change the way in which you understood the subject?
- How are the issues presented in the reading(s) still relevant to you today? Please explain how your personal background and life experiences might influence your perspective on this topic?
- Imagine that you have been asked to tackle a current national or global issue. How would you use the readings to help you do so?
The paper must be a minimum of 500 words. Typed, double-spaced, using 11 point font. The assignment will be uploaded as a file on Blackboard.
Unless otherwise stated by your professor, please cite sources using Chicago Manual of Style or Kate Turabian’s: A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertation citation style manual formatting. If you use web-based articles or ebooks, you should provide the full web address (not just the home page or search engine page that you used to find it).
Plagiarism Policy and punishment:Any plagiarism on the assignment is an automatic 0 on the assignment
my topic is going to be on the Sakem Which Hysteria, i have the links for some sources to use.