2048.6.1 : Aligning Lessons to Learning Goals
The graduate aligns lessons to learning goals by synthesizing knowledge about students and their assessment data.
2048.6.2 : The Role of Assessment
The graduate analyzes the role of various assessment types in evaluating student learning and planning future instruction.
While assessment data provide a great deal of information to teachers about what students have learned, assessments also inform how teachers plan and deliver future instruction. In this task, you will use a formative assessment, student data from the formative assessment, and three student profiles to evaluate an existing lesson plan. You will then plan future instruction and assessments designed to meet the needs of all learners.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. The originality report that is provided when you submit your task can be used as a guide.
A. Evaluate whether the attached “Formative Assessment: Multiplying Tenths” is an appropriate measurement instrument for the learning objectives and academic standards in the attached “Lesson Plan: Multiplying Tenths” by doing the following:
1. Analyze the alignment of the formative assessment to the lesson’s learning objectives and academic standards.
2. Discuss the appropriateness of the rigor and relevance of the formative assessment.
3. Discuss how well the formative assessment measures student understanding and progress and informs future instruction.
B. Evaluate the effectiveness of the attached “Lesson Plan: Multiplying Tenths” on student outcomes, as measured by the formative assessment data in the “Formative Assessment Results” supporting document.
1. Analyze student learning for the class as a whole based on the data in the attached “Formative Assessment Results.”
C. Discuss specific learning needs for each of the three students in the attached “Student Profiles.”
1. Explain how the learning needs from part C may have affected the performance of each of the three students based on the information in the attached “Student Profiles” and the data in the attached “Formative Assessment Results.”
D. Explain how you would address the learning needs of all students in a follow-up lesson plan the next day by doing the following:
1. Describe the instructional strategies you would use in the next day’s lesson plan to address the needs of the entire class based on the results from the “Formative Assessment Results” supporting document.
2. Explain how you would differentiate instruction in the next day’s lesson to meet the learning needs of each of the three students in the attached “Student Profiles.”
a. Justify how the differentiation from part D2 would meet the learning needs of each student in the “Student Profiles” supporting document.
3. Describe the formative assessment you would use during the lesson described in parts D1 and D2.
a. Justify how the assessment described in part D3 would measure individual students’ learning.
E. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
F. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
For more information on Aligning Lessons to Learning Goals read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student_Learning_Objectives
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.