Advanced Placement Tests Assignment
February 18th, 2020
- From this week’s readings, the Advanced Placement tests (AP tests) are fiercely debated, with some prestigious private schools opting out of offering AP classes all together. Some schools will offer AP tests but not AP classes, claiming that their students do just fine on the AP tests without teaching the exact AP curriculum.
- Is the AP system an adequate program to prepare students for college?
- Explain your reasoning in terms of test preparation, accessibility to AP classes and taking the tests, and opportunities that AP credits provide.
- Respond to one of your classmates.
- Do you agree with their reasoning? Explain why.
- Do you think that other scholastic aptitude tests such as the SAT or the ACT are enough or that schools should offer more college prep like the APs? Get Social Science help today