Homework Essay Help: NURS 6501N- 13 Advanced Pathophysiology
Week 1 Quiz
1. A 12-year-old male is diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome. His karyotype would reveal which of the following?
2. The nurse is teaching staff about the most common cause of Down syndrome. What is the nurse describing?
3. A nurse is discussing the movement of fluid across the arterial end of capillary membranes into the interstitial fluid surrounding the capillary. Which process of fluid movement is the nurse describing?
4. What principle should the nurse remember when trying to distinguish aging from disease?
5. What causes the rapid change in the resting membrane potential that initiates an action potential?
6. During childhood, the thymus decreases in size, and this is referred to as _____ atrophy.
7. Sodium and water accumulation in an injured cell are a direct result of:
8. A 50-year-old male was recently diagnosed with Huntington disease. Transmission of this disease is associated with:
9. What is the diagnosis of a 13-year-old female who has a karyotype that reveals an absent homologous X chromosome with only a single X chromosome? Her features include a short stature, widely spaced nipples, reduced carrying angle at the elbow, and sparse body hair.
10. What is the role of cytokines in cell production?
11. A eukaryotic cell is undergoing DNA replication. In which region of the cell would most of the genetic information be contained?
12. A patient has severe mental retardation caused by a deletion of part of chromosome 5. What genetic disorder will the nurse see documented in the chart?
13. The student is reviewing functions of the cell. The student would be correct in identifying the primary function of the nerve cell as:
14. How are potassium and sodium transported across plasma membranes?
15. After a geneticist talks to the patient about being a chromosomal mosaic, the patient as the nurse what that means. How should the nurse respond? You may ____ genetic disease(s).
16. A runner has depleted all the oxygen available for muscle energy. Which of the following will facilitate his continued muscle performance?
17. A patient who has diarrhea receives a hypertonic saline solution intravenously to replace the sodium and chloride lost in the stool. What effect will this fluid replacement have on cells?
18. A patient has a heart attack that leads to progressive cell injury that causes cell death with severe cell swelling and breakdown of organelles. What term would the nurse use to define this process?
19. A nurse reading the chart and sees the term oncotic pressure. The nurse recalls that oncotic pressure (colloid osmotic pressure) is determined by:
20. An aide asks the nurse why people who have neurofibromatosis will show varying degrees of the disease. Which genetic principle should the nurse explain to the aide?
21. A cell is isolated, and electrophysiology studies reveal that the resting membrane potential is -70 millivolts. The predominant intracellular ion is Na+, and the predominant extracellular ion is K+. With voltage change, which of the following would result in an action potential?
22. A 13-year-old girl has a karyotype that reveals an absent homologous X chromosome with only a single X chromosome present. What medical diagnosis will the nurse observe in the chart?
23. A 15-year-old female is diagnosed with Prader-Willi syndrome. This condition is an example of:
24. A 55-year-old male with a 30-year history of smoking is examined for respiratory disturbance. Examination of his airway (bronchial) reveals that stratified squamous epithelial cells have replaced the normal columnar ciliated cells. This type of cellular adaptation is called:
25. A group of prison inmates developed tuberculosis following exposure to an infected inmate. On examination, tissues were soft and granular (like clumped cheese). Which of the following is the most likely cause?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.