RGP1 — RGP TASK 1: PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY
PROFESSIONAL ROLES AND VALUES — C304
PRFA — RGP1
TASK OVERVIEWSUBMISSIONSEVALUATION REPORT
740.1.4: Professional Accountability
The graduate analyzes the responsibilities and accountability of the professional nurse.
740.1.5: Self Advocacy of the Nurse
The graduate integrates strategies of self-awareness and self-care into professional practice to ensure personal health and well¬being.
740.1.7: Roles of the Nurse
The graduate analyzes the roles of the nurse as a scientist, a detective, and a manager of the healing environment.
740.1.10: The Nursing Profession
The graduate applies historical and contemporary nursing theories and models to define their professional nursing practice.
740.1.13: The Professional Nurse
The graduate integrates knowledge, skills, and attitudes of the nursing profession into personal and professional interactions and ethical decision making.
740.1.15: Healthcare Work Environment
The graduate evaluates how the vision, values, mission, and philosophy of an organization align with an individual’s professional values, beliefs, and approaches to inter-professional collegiality.
The purpose of this task is to develop a working knowledge of nursing theory, nursing ethics, and professional accountability and apply these concepts to your professional clinical practice. You will be required to think about real-life scenarios and how they relate to nursing codes in your professional practice.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
1. Explain how nurses apply the identified theory from part A to implement excellent nursing practices.
2. Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice.
B. Identify the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century.
1. Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures identified in part B.
2. Describe how the contributions of the two historical figures influence your professional nursing practice.
C. Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
1. Define the roles of these two organizations.
2. Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
3. Explain the requirements for professional license renewal in your state.
a. Discuss the consequences of failure to maintain license requirements in your state.
4. Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
D. Discuss the functional differences between the Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (see the web links below).
1. Discuss how the two regulatory agencies influence your professional nursing practice.
a. Describe your role as a patient advocate in promoting safety when a patient has requested to use alternative therapy.
E. Discuss the purposes of the Nurse Practice Act in your state and its impact on your professional practice.
1. Discuss the scope of practice for an RN in your state.
2. Discuss how your state defines delegation for the RN.
F. Apply each of the following roles to your professional practice:
• a scientist
• a detective
• a manager of the healing environment
G. Identify two provisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (see weblink below).
1. Analyze how the two provisions identified in part G influence your professional nursing practice.
2. Describe a nursing error that may occur in clinical practice (e.g., clinical setting, skills lab, or simulation).
a. Explain how the ANA provisions identified in part G can be applied to the error discussed in part G2.
H. Identify four leadership qualities or traits that represent excellence in nursing.
1. Discuss the significance of the four leadership qualities identified in part H in the nurse’s role as each of the following:
• a leader at the bedside
• within a nursing team or interdisciplinary team
2. Identify how your work environment impacts the following:
• nursing leadership
• decision making
• professional development
I. Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased or summarized.
J. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of y. For more information on Accountability check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accountability
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.