Answer the questions in this document in a different color and not bolded.
Copying answers from any source is an academic integrity violation. Posting content from this assignment to any online site outside of this course is an academic integrity violation.
If you have any questions, post them to the course discussion board.
No statistical software is needed to complete this assignment. Use the following scenario to answer the questions below. Research question: Do patients with rheumatoid arthritis who do yoga at least once a week report lower levels of perceived joint pain than patients who do not do yoga at least once a week? Researchers plan to obtain a sample of 500 patients who have been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. They will ask each participant two questions:
1. Do you do yoga at least once a week? (yes/no)
2. On a scale of 0 to 100, how would you rate your level of joint pain right now? Researchers will compare the average joint pain ratings of participants who said they do yoga at least once a week and participants who said they do not do yoga at least once a week. 1. Is this an observational or experimental study? Explain how you determined this. [10 points]2. What is the intended population in the study? Explain how you determined this. [10 points]
3. What is the sample in the study? Explain how you determined this. [10 points]
4. What are the explanatory and response variables in this study? Explain how you determined this. [10 points]
5. Is the explanatory variable you identified in question 4 a categorical or quantitative variable? Explain how you determined this. [10 points]
6. Is the response variable you identified in question 4 a categorical or quantitative variable? Explain how you determined this. [10 points]
Describe how researchers could use a convenience sampling method to obtain a sample of 500 patients with rheumatoid arthritis. In other words, describe the procedures of obtaining a convenience sample in this specific scenario. [10 points]In this study, the researchers could obtain a convenience sample by….
8. Describe how researchers could use a simple random sampling method to obtain a sample of 500 patients with rheumatoid arthritis. In other words, describe the procedures of obtaining a simple random sample in this specific scenario. [10 points]In this study, the researchers could obtain a simple random sample by….
9. In order to obtain a sample that is representative of the intended population, should researchers use the convenience sampling method from question 7 or the simple random sampling method from question 8? Explain why. [10 points]
10. Suppose the researchers find that the group that did yoga at least once a week had lower perceived joint pain ratings than the group that did not do yoga at least once a week. Can the researchers conclude that yoga causes perceived joint pain ratings to decrease? Explain why or why not. [10 points]
For more information on Academic Integrity Violation read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_integrity
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.