1) In “A Good Man Is Hard to Find,” we have a very gruesome ending. Taking some inspiration from Atwood’s “Happy Endings,” what kind of happy ending could O’Connor’s story have? Would any “happy ending” make the story better, meaning more persuasive to its intended readers? Discuss your findings in detail. If you do not accept that any happy ending is possible for this story, explain fully in detail.
2) “But the mail from Rome showed no sense of urgency. They spent their time finding out if the prisoner had a navel if his dialect had any connection with Aramaic, how many times he could fit on the head of a pin.”
From what story is the above passage taken? The author? From which part, beginning, middle, or the end? Who are “they”? How do the actions described above show the attitude of those toward the prisoner? From there, can you point out the point of the story? Use as much detail as you can to make your point.
3) In Part I and Part II of this course, all the stories appear to be retelling some true events or emotions of characters that happened in the past. In Part III, at least some stories seem to acknowledge that storytelling is no more than a fictional device and what happens in them may be changed or rearranged at will to suit the needs of the author or even the reader.
Which stories are those? Use ample evidence to support your choices and explain if the new narrative technique makes the stories better read for you and why.
4) In two of the stories in Part II, the outcomes of the plots depend on an auto accident. Which stories are those? How are the circumstances revolving around the accidents similar or different from each other? Are you surprised by the impact of the accidents on how things turn out in the end? Why or why not? Explain in full.
5) “No thank you, Father. I only came to ask you if you would bring your holy water to the graveyard.”
“Why didn’t you tell me he was dead? I could have brought the Last Rites anyway.”
From what story is this taken? The author? Explain how the speakers’ spiritual values are different from each other and whether they have come to a compromise in the end. Does the story imply they should or not? Draw evidence from the story as needed to support your view. For more information on A Good Man Is Hard to Find check on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Good_Man_Is_Hard_to_Find
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.