1. Which of the following pertains to the amount of time people take to
prepare for an interview and their overall job performance and satisfaction?
A. Openness to experience
2. “Because of their narcissistic tendencies, these leaders often get quite a
bit done. But their feelings of entitlement and inability to learn from
experience often results in trails of bruised followers.” Which dark-side
personality trait is defined by this statement?
3. Dutiful leaders
A. Tend to blame others for their mistakes
B. Frustrate and disempower their staffs through micro-management
C. Deal with stress by sucking up to superiors
D. Are unconcerned about the welfare of their staff
4. Which dark-side personality trait is often associated with extremely high
5. These managerial types have gained insight into their dark-side traits and
have found ways to negate their debilitating effects on followers.
A. Competent Managers
B. Results Only Managers
D. In Name Only Managers
6. A person’s all-around effectiveness in activities directed by thought is
A. Affects behavior equally across all situations
B. Is relatively easy to change
C. Can be inferred in different ways
D. Can be modified through education and experience
8. ‘Adequate organization performance is possible through balancing the
necessity to get work out while maintaining morale of people at a
satisfactory level.’ In terms of the Leadership Grid, what leadership
orientation does this signify?
A. Team management
B. Country Club management
C. Impoverished management
D. Middle-of-the-road management
9. These skills and behaviors do not involve interacting with others and are
among the most difficult to change.
10. Competencies concerned with analyzing issues, making decisions, financial
savvy and strategic thinking constitute the
A. Intrapersonal skills category
B. Leadership skills category
C. Interpersonal skills category
D. Business skills category
11. Community leaders
A. Have positional power
B. Can get tasks accomplished
C. Tend to have fewer resources
D. Can discipline followers who do not adhere to organizational norms
12. The leadership competency of helping a group or community recognize and define its opportunities and issues in ways that result in effective action is
B. Building social capital
D. Interaction facilitation
13. Leaders can motivate followers with strong _____ values by giving them
opportunities to improve society and help others who are less fortunate.
14. What is the motivational strategy of followers with strong scientific values?
A. They enjoy analyzing data to get at the truth
B. The more they are paid, the more they are motivated to work
C. They are motivated when they work in organizations that have strong
D. They believe fame, visibility and publicity are important
15. Leaders who suffer from extrinsic motivational bias falsely believe followers
are more motivated by
A. Job security
D. Helping others
16. Some people are motivated to persist in certain behaviors for the simple
reason that they like to do them. This is called
A. Extrinsic motivation
B. Overjustification effect
C. Intrinsic motivation
D. Observer effect
17. Which of the following statements concerning the overjustification effect is
A. The overjustification effect occurs in a number of situations
B. Rewards seen as providing “informational” value typically result in a decrease in intrinsic motivation for the task
C. Overjustification effect is more a reality than a myth
D. External rewards may backfire if they are given to people already
intrinsically motivated to perform the tasks
18. What are the most powerful determinants of task behaviors, according to
Locke and Latham?
19. Receiving conflicting information from two or more people about their
expectations for your work behavior reflects
A. Intersender role conflict
B. Intrasender role conflict
C. Interrole conflict
D. Person-role conflict
20. This role conflict occurs when a store manager encourages a salesperson to
mislead customers about the quality of the store’s products when this
behavior is inconsistent with the salesperson’s values and beliefs.
A. Interrole conflict
B. Intrasender role conflict
C. Intersender role conflict
D. Person-role conflict
21. A person is experiencing _____ if he/she wonders, “Just what am I
supposed to be doing?”
A. Role ambiguity
B. Role conflict
C. Role overload
D. Role insufficiency
22. These are the informal rules that groups adopt to regulate and regularize
group members’ behaviors.
23. The sum of forces that attract members to a group, provide resistance to
leaving it and motivate them to be active in it is called
A. Group polarization
B. Social facilitation
C. Group cohesion
D. Punctuated equilibrium
24. One of the disadvantages of highly cohesive group is finding that, people
in such groups often become more concerned with striving for
unanimity than in objectively appraising different courses of action. This
phenomenon is called
B. Punctuated equilibrium
25. A highly cohesive group with members who overstep their boundaries or
even violate laws to please the leader illustrates
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.