P9-5 (gross profit method) On April 15, 2011, fire damaged the office and warehouse of Stanislaw Corporation.
P 9-5 Stanislaw Corporation.
The only accounting record saved was the general ledger, from which the trial balance below was prepared.
Trial Balance March 31, 2011
Accts Recv 40000
Inventory 12/31/07 75000
Building and Equip 110000
Accumulated depreciation 41300
Other assets 3600
Accts Payable 23700
Other expense accruals 10200
Capital stock 100000
Retained earnings 52000
Other expenses 26600
Total 362200 362200
The following data and information have been gathered.
1. The fiscal year of the corporation ends on Dec 31.
2. An examination of the April bank statement and canceled checks revealed that checks written during the period April 1-15 totaled $13,000: $5,700 paid to accounts payable as of March 31, $3400 for April merchandise shipments, and $3900 paid for other expenses. Deposits during the same period amounted to $12,950, which consisted of receipts on account from customers with the exception of a $950 refund from a vendor for merchandise returned in April.
3. Correspondence with suppliers revealed unrecorded obligations at April 15 of $15,600 for April merchandise shipments, including $2300 for shipments in transit (f.o.b. shipping point) on that date. 4. Customers acknowledged indebtedness of $46,000 at April 15, 2011. It was also estimated that customers owed another $8000 that will never be acknowledged or recovered. Of the acknowledged indebtedness, $600 will probably be uncollectible.
5. The companies insuring the inventory agreed that the corporation’s fire-loss claim should be based on the assumption that the overall gross profit ratio for the past 2 years was in effect during the current year.
The corporation’s audited financial statements disclosed this information: Year Ended Dec 31, 2010 Net sales 530000 Net purchases 280000 Beginning inventory 50000 Ending inventory 75000 Year Ended Dec 31, 2009 Net sales 390000 Net purchases 235000 Beginning inventory 66000 Ending inventory 50000
6. Inventory with a cost of $7000 was salvaged and sold for $3500. The balance of the inventory was a total loss.
Prepare a schedule computing the amount of inventory fire loss. The supporting schedule of the computation of the gross profit should be in good form.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.