1. Think back to a time when you have worked for a supervisor who moved from one leadership style to another based on situational variables described in the Long and Spurlock (2008) article. Describe the situation and variables that prompted the change and what made it effective, or what may have been done differently to make it more effective. (If you have not been in this situation, describe what you think you might experience in a similar situation.)
2. Case Study
Read the following article from the required reading assignment:
Preston, G., Moon, J., Simon, R., Allen, S., & Kossi, E. (2015). The relevance of emotional intelligence in project leadership. Journal of Information Technology and Economic Development, 6(1), 16-40.
After reading the article, analyze the following scenario:
As a manager, you have two employees who have a difficult time working together. While nothing specifically unprofessional has been done by either one of them, other team members have expressed concern that the differences between them are causing tension and some other team members are having difficulty performing their work. Some have even gone so far as to say that the situation is causing a hostile work environment.
· Based on your preferred leadership style, how would you handle this situation?
· What are some effective practices that you would use for leading people and business processes in this situation?
· In this situation, what is your role in the decision-making processes that serve to establish an organizational climate oriented to meet business goals?
Be sure to address the following:
· Begin the discussion by identifying which of the scenarios you chose. Include a brief statement as to which of the leadership styles presented in the above article you are most comfortable discussing in front of group of people?
· Explain your top three, in order from most like you to least like you, and explain why you chose them.
· Then, answer the questions provided with your chosen scenario.
· Use the information provided in this unit to determine which leadership styles you prefer to use when you are in a leadership position (visionary, coaching, affiliative, democratic, pacesetting, and commanding).
· Then, considering the above points, how would you proceed with handling the chosen scenario?
You are required to use at least two outside sources. All sources used must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations in APA format.
3. The period of exploration and colonization was filled with violence between the Europeans and Natives. Was this violence inevitable, or could it have been avoided?
4. Scholar Activity
Write a three page essay on one of the topics below:
· Bacon’s revolt on Jamestown, Va.;
· The Pueblo Revolt; and
· Salem witch trials
The essay must address, but are not limited to, the following items listed below:
· Introduce the event. This may include what happened, the reason, setting, location, timeline, outcome, and casualties.
· Describe how characteristics of the region of Colonial America impacted your chosen conflict.
· Discuss the American ideals or philosophies that may have caused this event to occur. How have these ideals and philosophies changed to the way we live today?
· Discuss your perspective on the event, including, but not limited to, what was inevitable or avoidable, and what was beneficial or costly.
Chaney, T., Cohen, K., & Cotton, L. P. (2012). The Virginia Company of London. Retrieved from http://www.nps.gov/jame/historyculture/the-virginia-company-of-london.htm
Poe, E. (1849, April 21). Eldorado. Retrieved from http://www.online-literature.com/poe/577/
Virtual Jamestown. (n.d.). John Rolfe (1585-1622). Retrieved from http://www.virtualjamestown.org/jrolfe.html.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.