The assignment is to write an essay upon a philosopher that was not discussed in this course. I want you to find a historic philosopher whom you find interesting and summarize their philosophical view or a finer point of their philosophy. Do you agree with this philosopher? Why or why not? If you need help with starting research, I would look at the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (https://plato.stanford.edu/). The essay should be 3-4 pages in length (not counting sources, headings, cover page, etc.), double-spaced, 12 point Time New Roman font, and 1-inch margins all the way around. This is not going to be a long essay, so you are going to have to be parsimonious with your words.
DUE DATE: DECEMBER 6, 2017
USE TOPICS EXCEPT THIS LIST ABOVE :
1. Suppose someone claimed to have a device that destroyed people’s souls, but otherwise had no discernible effect on that person. How would you evaluate such a claim? Is the claim that people have souls any more plausible? Why or why not?
2. What is the purpose of consciousness? That is, why did consciousness evolve (or why was it created)
3. Let’s say that someone who knows you well believes he can predict everything you do and say within a 24 hour period. Without telling you what he’s up to, he writes down his prediction in great detail. As it turns out, his predictions are correct. Does the fact that someone can accurately predict the behavior of another show that the behavior was determined? Explain.
4. Suppose that you created an robot that was so advanced it could act independently in very complex situations. It made its own decisions and always did exactly what it wanted to do, in accordance with its programming. Would such an robot be capable of free action? Why or why not?
5. Is resurrection a more plausible view of the afterlife than reincarnation? Why or why not?
6. What does the nonbranching proposal say about split-brain patients? Are there two people present in the one body? If so, is either identical with the person who occupied the body before the operation?
7. The Bible contains many commands that seem immoral to obey. For example, Numbers 31:17 and Psalms 137:9 command followers to kill the children and babies of their enemies; I Corinthians 14:34 commands women to stay silent in church. Why do we no longer follow these commands? What does this tell us about the relationship between religion and morality? Explain.
8. What is our obligation to future generations? Must we take into account what our actions will do to them? Why or why not?
9. Are taxes for entitlement programs, such as: welfare, Medicare, and Medicaid immoral? Why or why not?
10. Suppose you are trying to make a rational choice among religions. What criteria would you use to determine which religion is best? Would those be the same criteria you would use to determine which religion is true? If not, how would they differ?
11. Is faith a virtue? Why or why not?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.