Assignment 1: LASA 2 Strategic Plan and Self-Reflection Summary
Review the initial scenario and the Strategic Business Plan presented in Module 1 to make sure that the requirements of the Board and the Part II Strategic Plan are met. In order to meet the requirements of the Board, you will prepare the final Strategic Business Plan—Part II—Strategic Plan to the Executive Board. Ensure your strategic plan is thorough, succinct, and complete. Challenge yourself to link the targets to specific initiatives you have identified in the Strategic Plan you are developing for H-D.
Your written report should include a title page, table of contents, executive summary, and each of the following sections in an 8- to 12-page report:
Part I: Global Economy & Factors Affecting H-D
1. Identify H-D’s Motivations & Risks
* Motivations for Expansion
* Risks in Expansion
2. Explain H-D’s competitive advantage in Global Markets
3. Determine and explain entry strategies for global expansion
4. Recommend an Internet approach/strategy for H-D
* How the Internet adds value
* Internet Business Models
* Competitive Strategies
* Leverage E-Business Capabilities
Part II: Corporate Leadership
Develop the following: Current Direction Setting
1. Organizational Culture: In addition, evaluate the culture at Harley-Davidson (H-D) and define what attributes you think team members should possess in reaching the business goals set forth by the organization. If you were part of the management team at H-D, what motivational techniques would you implement to make these teams successful?
2. Organizational Design: As you have been completing the Strategic Business
Plan, the management at Harley-Davidson has decided to take a team-oriented approach in various departments rather than the traditional, functional structure. Based on your knowledge of different types of teams and their focus, suggest what kinds of team strategies should be applied to each department. Be sure to explain your recommendations in detail.
3. Leadership Traits
4. Ethical Organization Characteristics
* Identify elements
* Identify missing elements
5. Learning Organization Characteristics
* Identify elements
* Identify missing elements
Part III: Strategic Plan Summary
* Discuss how you will implement your strategic plans, including how teams should be implemented in each department
* Develop a brief road map for implementation
* Identify the primary benchmarks to assess success or failure
Part IV: Self-Reflection Summary
Self-reflection is the key to good leadership and good management. Reflect on what you have learned in this class and on what you gained from your Bachelor of Science program. Based on your reflections, discuss the following:
* Five or six key “lessons” learned from the textbook and the content that will help you in your career.
* Consider what you have learned throughout this program. Discuss career opportunities that interest you in business.
* Include what you have learned about yourself.
Evaluate how your personal biases and assumptions have affected your work in the past and how you plan to manage them in the future. Your final product will be in an MS Word document approximately 8–12 pages in length and utilizing approximately 4–6 scholarly/professional sources. Your document should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Submit your final Strategic Business Plan—Part II—Strategic Plan with your self-reflection summary to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned .
Assignment 1 Grading Criteria
Explain the current global economy, the motivational/risk factors affecting H-D, and their competitive advantage.
Determine and explain entry strategies for global expansion and recommend Internet approaches for H-D..
Explain H-D’s current directional setting, organizational culture, and design. Recommend and explain team strategies for each department.
Explain H-D’s leadership traits, ethical characteristics, and its learning environment.
Provide a Strategic Plan Summary to include your conclusions, recommendations, implementation, and risks.
Identify and explain 5–6 key lessons learned and how they will help you in your current and future career. Include an evaluation of your own personal biases and assumptions and how you plan to manage them in the future.
Usage and Mechanics (16)
APA Elements (24)
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.