Continuity planning overview | Information Systems homework help
July 30th, 2020
Suppose you were recently hired for a new initiative as a business continuity lead / manager at a medium-sized healthcare company. You have been asked to prepare a presentation to the Board of Directors on your main duties for the company and how your position could help protect the business in case of a large-scale incident or disaster. You have been alerted that since this is a new initiative and could come with a potentially large price tag, there is skepticism from some of the Board members.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Explain the basic primary tasks, ongoing evaluations, and major policy and procedural changes that would be needed to perform as the BC lead / manager.
- Provide insight on how to plan the presentation to garner management and Board buy-in for those who are skeptical.
- Discuss the first four (4) high-level activities that would be necessary in starting this initiative in the right direction and describe the potential pitfalls of each.
- Speculate on the most comprehensive and / or critical challenge(s) in the infancy of this initiative and explain how to overcome that challenge(s).
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the methods of disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Explain risk management in the context of information security.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in disaster recovery.
- Write clearly and concisely about disaster recovery topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions