Dq for week 9 hrm520
I must have original WORK…with up to date reference or references. all parts of the question ANSWERED. A nice paragraph with at least one recent reference.
HR Metrics and Workforce Analytics
- Please watch this video “The Power of HR Metrics: Growth, Performance, Sustainment” (3 min 35 s) on the importance of metrics.
- Review the Case Study: Regional Hospital on page 420 of the textbook. Based on the video, your readings this week, and the case study, please respond to the following questions:
- Do you believe that a program of HR metrics and workforce analytics might be useful in Regional Hospital?
- What opportunities do you see regarding where and how metrics and analytics might be applied in this organization?
- Identify three analyses and associated metrics you think might be useful for Regional Hospital to consider.
- A response to this post with at least 200 words.
It is advisable that not only a regional hospital but all the hospitalsjust like any other company keep track oftheir HR metrics and analytics (Moriarty, 2018).HR metrics and analysis should be employedin everyinstitution, cooperation, company as well as an organization.
There are different opportunities that the metrics and analytics could be appliedin an organization. Organizations have to build metrics to improve their accountability. These opportunities include the utilizationof the three P’s (proximity, position, andpersuasion) (Yount, 2011). The proximity of the leaders makes the people feel their presence and perform better, the possession of the leader also can make the people performtheir duties, leaders are also able to use their position to persuade the team to achieve specificgoals (Yount, 2011). The checklistwhich is as a result of the metrics makesthe team check their progress to improve or better their performance. Some of the opportunities where the organization can include their metrics and analytics include in considerations of the revenue per employee., expense, compensation, benefits of an incomeas well as of costsand compensation to their employees (Kavanagh, 018). These are just some of the considerations.
In regional hospital, there are various opportunitiesin which the metrics and analytics could be applied. Some of the considerations or opportunities include the length of patients stays. Thereshould be data thatis showing the time that a patient has sped in the hospital for various purposes like the attention that they have received so far. They also help to determine the “hospital-acquired conditions (HACs), as well as higher patient mortality rates.” (Moriarty, 2018)The regional hospitals can be used to determine the rates of the readmissions, the HospitalConsumer Assessment of HealthcareProviders Systems (HCAHPS) (Moriarty, 2018). They can as well learnthe Mortalityrates, the utilizationof the available beds, the various occurrence of different incidences, the averagecost per Discharge, the operating margins of the hospitals, determine the terribledebts among others (Moriarty, 2018).
Kavanagh. (018). Human Resource Information Systems 4e. Sage publications.
Moriarty, A. (2018, May 8). Top 10 Hospital Performance Metrics You Need to Know. Retrieved from DEFINITIVE HEALTHCARE: https://blog.definitivehc.com/top-10-hospital-performance-metrics-you-need-to-know
Yount, S. (2011, July 18). The Power of HR Metrics: Growth, Performance, Sustainment. (A. Maya, Interviewer)