A paper that analyzes an operations management related problem in an organization that is highly familiar to the student (You can pick any organization of your choice that you are a customer of – grocery store, convenience store, coffee shop, etc).
Operations management requires the use of financial and non-financial metrics so it is important that the student provides a graduate candidate’s analysis. Please use peer-reviewed references, or those that come from a source that is reliable. References to Wikipedia and other such sites are not acceptable nor are they scholastic. It is perfectly legitimate to use and cite interviews with your supervisors and peers as a reference; you must use at least 5 peer reviewed articles and the book as research instruments for this paper. Proper citing is mandatory in APA format.
Operations management focuses on numbers and objectives that are measurable. This is not a paper whereby the student provides an overview without portraying facts and figures pertaining to the selected organization. The paper requires research; you will be expected to integrate concepts from the course to better understand the situation and make recommendations for improvement on a process, project or program as described in class and the book.
Papers should demonstrate the student’s integration of the materials from the course related to the business chosen as the target topic of the paper. This paper will require analysis of operations management issues in an organization that is familiar to the student. The paper will require the following sections: (Pages are recommended guidelines)
1. Introduction and a Clear Problem Statement: Describe the organization and what it does; prepare a brief problem statement of an operations management issue in a selected organization. Include a clear question you wish to answer through the process of writing the paper. (1 page) (10 Points)
The problem statement should be a concise question that is to be answered in the paper. Failure to state a clear problem statement in the first section of the paper will result in an immediate loss of 10 points. Section 1 of the paper should build an introduction that leads to a clear and concise problem statement and is where the paper prepares the reader for the following analysis. Use a concept from the approved list. Do not integrate introductory section with the analysis section. Remember, recommendations are expected to address a question through practical actions.
Choose a concept (Just pick one) from the following list and use that theme for your paper:
• Improved Product Life Cycle Analysis
• Cost Reduction Process Improvement
• Customer Satisfaction Process Improvement
• Supply Side Process Improvement
• Market Side Process Improvement
• Outsourcing Analysis of a Current Internal Capability
• Job Description Analysis to Appropriately Staff an Existing Process
2. As-Is Condition: Select one of the topics that you will discuss and describe the current condition, process, project, or root problem to solve. Use at least two (2) of the Quality Tools (Charts) to illustrate the current condition as it exists. You can use PowerPoint, Excel or Word to facilitate the diagramming method to illustrate the as-is condition. Make sure you focus on the issue of your topic do not explain the tool you are using. The concepts in the list are pre-approved. You may request approval to use an alternate concept. (2 pages (Not Including Chart)) (20 Points)
3. Analysis: List the inefficiencies of the current condition; illustrate the cause-and-effects to the business unit if changes are not made. List gap issues as they pertain to efficiencies in service or products as a result of the current business condition. Apply the analysis concepts in terms of measurable facts that can be used to prove the current condition and to measure success. (2-3 pages) (20 Points)
4. To-Be Condition – Proposed Improvement/Solution: Describe the changes that will improve the current business condition; use the quality tool selected in the Current Condition to illustrate changes that will improve the performance of the problem statement. State the benefits as a result of making the change in terms of customer, stakeholder satisfaction, efficiencies, or cost reductions. Use the facts presented in the analysis statements as indicators of improvement. Keep in mind that they must be measurable (2 pages Not Including Chart) (30 Points)
5. Conclusion: Conclude the paper with a well written, and compelling recommendation to either proceed with the change or to abort the effort. (20 Points) (1 – 2 Pages)
6. References: APA Format and proper citings within the text of the paper.
David A. Collier & James R Evans (2013). OM4 or OM6 South Western Cengage: Boston, MA. ISBN- 13: 978- 1- 133- 37242- 4
Make sure you have each section in your paper and follow APA guidelines for papers. Remember to use at least five (5) peer reviewed references for this paper.
Pay very close attention to the “facts and figures” requirement of this paper; operations management is based upon objectives that can be measured. Nebulous objectives and performance metrics yield inappropriate results; business is all about results so the analysis of the current condition must have parameters that are frequently measured as a natural course of doing business.
The paper should be at least 10 pages long (not including reference page or other pages you may choose to use, i.e. cover page, table of contents, or abstract page), doubled spaced, 12 point Times-New Roman or Arial type, one inch margins, and use the APA standards for reporting references. You must use a minimum of five outside, peer-reviewed articles from the university’s online library.
Power Point Presentation Outline
Create a slideshow that highlights the selected organization that will be the theme of your Operations Management Paper. List some issues and metrics that pertain to potential problems in the format of the transformation process diagram discussed in the book. Note in the transformation process component areas of concern and devise a few (3-5) topical questions that will get you thinking about the term paper. Try and note metrics that can be used and measured between the as-is condition and the to-be condition. These metrics are how you will determine success. Note that metrics can pertain to financial and non-financial measures. Submit your 3-5 slide presentation.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.