3 pages essay about spring dance theatre critique
Write a 6 paragraph essay analyzing 4 dances.
1) Define dance, you can use a quote or definition from an article or book about dance or you can create your own definition. Tell what dance concert you attended. Choose four dances to critique. Indicate the title of the dance and what it signifies. (paragraph 1)
2) Analyze the dances from an artistic perspective. Use your own knowledge and understanding of life. Be creative, use your imagination and draw from your own background of experience. (paragraphs 2-5; use one paragraph to describe a dance)
a. Does the dance display an emotion? Describe the emotion and how it makes you feel.
b. Does the dance express any aspect of society? What era is it from, present, past, future? Describe it.
c. What type of movement and gestures were used to express the concept of the dance?
d. Did the production elements (set, lighting, music, or sound) contribute to the overall concept of the dance?
e. Conclude your paper with what you have learned and experienced. Discuss your understanding of dance as an art form. (paragraph 6)
3) Your paper must include an introduction, the body, and a conclusion.
You must have a Title Page: REQUIRED INFORMATION –
Format= double space, 12 font, 1 inch margins, title page.
You will be graded on the following criteria.
* Appropriately present and organize supporting information
* Analyze, evaluate or interpret information critically for accuracy, appropriateness or sufficiency to pursue specific conclusion(s), argument(s) or solution(s)
* Clearly articulate the value, validity and relevance of argument(s) and conclusion(s), and if applicable, acknowledge relevant personal perspective(s)
* Apply prior academic knowledge to a new context