Assignment | SOCW 6060 – Social Work Theory and Practice | Walden University
March 15th, 2020
This week your theoretical orientation is feminist theory. You will use the same case study that you chose in Week 2. Use the “Dissecting a Theory and Its Application to a Case Study” worksheet to help you dissect the theory. You do not need to submit this handout. It is a tool for you to use to dissect the theory and then you can employ the information in the table to complete your assignment.
Feminist Theory and Empowerment Theory
- In 1 to 2 sentences, identify and describe the problem to be worked on in your chosen case study.
- In 1 to 2 sentences, explain how feminist theory you are utilizing defines and explains the cause of the problem.
- In 1 to 2 sentences, use feminist theory to describe the role of the social worker to facilitate change in the case study.
- In the assessment phase, identify 2assessment questions you will ask to explore what the client’s goals are and how they will get there.
o Remember, feminist theory should be driving the assessment.
- Describe two interventions to address the problem and explain how the clients will implement the interventions.
o Remember, feminist theory should be driving the interventions.
- In 2 to 3 sentences, discuss how you would evaluate if one of the interventions you identified is effective with the client.
- Explain how, specifically, you will set the tone throughout your work with the client to reduce the hierarchical relationship and make it more collaborative.
Evaluate one strength and one limitation of feminist theory in working with the client.
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have
- Speak clearly.