2 pages about security tools | application secuirty
March 15th, 2020
Securing Windows networks requires recognizing potential vulnerabilities and selecting the best control to address that vulnerability. You as a network administrator working for Ken 7 Windows Limited have been given the task of reviewing the current network security policy and recommending the best network security control to satisfy the policy. You can select from a short list of network security controls.
For each policy statement, select the best control to ensure Ken 7 Windows Limited fulfills the stated requirements, and write at least 2 pages about the tools you selected.
Select from these security controls:
- Place a firewall between the Internet and your Web server.
- Place a firewall between your Web server and your internal network.
- Enforce password complexity.
- Implement Kerberos authentication for all internal servers.
- Require encryption for all traffic flowing into and out from the Ken 7 Windows environment.
- Separate wired and wireless network entry points into separate logical networks.
- Require all personnel attend a lunch and learn session on updated network security policies.
Security policy statements:
- More and more users are using the Ken 7 Windows network to access social media sites during business hours, causing the network to slow down. Users should not use Ken 7 network resources for social media access.
- Most Ken 7 personnel own mobile phones that can connect to the Internet. Ken 7 network administrators are concerned that personal device access may pose a security threat to Ken 7 network resources. Personal devices must not be allowed to connect to the Ken 7 Windows network.
- Anonymous users of Ken 7 Web application should only be able to access servers located in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). No anonymous Web application users should be able to access any protected resources in the Ken 7 infrastructure.
- Users who print confidential reports must not be allowed to send reports to unsecured printers.
- Passwords should not be words found in the dictionary.