Module 4 slp | Nursing homework help
Anonymous. (2015). Enforcement procedures for the Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics. The American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 69(Suppl. 3) 1-13. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Baker, K. R. (2016) An obligation to society. Drug Topics, 160(10). Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Battie, R. N. (2015) Thriving through trust: Ethical practice, quality care. AORN Journal, 101(5). 505-507. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Chiarello, E. (2015) The War on Drugs comes to the pharmacy counter: Frontline work in the shadow of discrepant institutional logics. Law and Social Inquiry, 40(1) 86-122. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Divakar, D. D., Al Kheraif, A. A., Ramakrishnaiah, R., Al Zhrane, M., Al-Hazmi, A., and Parine, N. R. (2015). Ethics in dentistry an overview: Electronic search study. Revista Romana de Bioteca, 12(3). Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Grass, J. C. (2016). The Medicine Shoppe v. Loretta Lynch, et al.: Pharmacists and prescribing physicians are equally liable. The Health Lawyer, 28(3), 28-37. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Limenti, A. E. (1999). The role of ethical principles in health care and the implications for ethical codes. Journal of Medical Ethics, 25. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC479265/pdf/jmedeth00006-0032.pdf
Yang, Y. T., Attanasio, L. B., & Kozhimannil, K. B. (2016). State scope of practice laws, nurse-midwifery workforce, and childbirth procedures and outcomes. Women’s Health Issues, 26(3) 262-267. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
Young, G., Hulcombe, J., Hurwood, A., & Nancarrow, S. (2015). The Queensland Health Ministerial Taskforce on health practitioners’ expanded scope of practice: Consultation findings. Australian Health Review, 39(3), 249-254. Retrieved from the Trident Online Library.
American Clinical Social Work Association (n.d.) Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.acswa.org/code-ethics/
American Society of Clinical Laboratory Science (n.d.) Code of Ethics. Retrieved from http://www.ascls.org/about-us/code-of-ethics
International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (2015) Code of Professional Conduct. Retrieved from https://iblce.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/code-of-professional-conduct.pdf
National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (2013). Code of Ethics. Retrieved from https://www.naemt.org/about-ems/emt-oath
Read the article in the required reading, “The Medicine Shoppe v. Loretta Lynch, et al.: Pharmacists and prescribing physicians are equally liable” as well as the Pharmacists Code of Ethics at the following link:
Discuss the following:
- Identify and discuss the duties and responsibilities of a pharmacist toward a patient.
- Based upon your research and assessment of the case, did the pharmacist perform the required duties and uphold patient rights?
- Is the pharmacy at fault? Why or why not?
- What impact can a pharmacist’s actions have on patients and community?
- What precautions can be taken to ensure these types of incidents by allied professionals don’t happen to others? Should there be more regulations in place?
Length: Submit a 3-page paper, using headings to correspond with each question in the assignment.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your writing. This should not be an opinion piece, but an analysis.
- Avoid the use of first person in your paper.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3-5 pages.
- Support your paper with peer-reviewed articles and reliable sources, and use at least 3 references. For additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals, see http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php and for evaluating internet sources:
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/