cultural competency evaluation for graphic orgranizer
Create a graphic organizer or infographic to display how your school addresses, supports, and integrates culturally responsive pedagogy that encourages student engagement and learning.
In 500-750 words, write an essay addressing the following points:
- An evaluation addressing whether your school is at an appropriate level of cultural competency using the four practice areas in Figure 1.2in the textbook.
- Based on the school’s cultural competency results, describe the effect culturally responsive instruction and curriculum may have on student learning. Express the need to further develop culturally responsive pedagogy for today’s digital natives in the 21st century classroom with respect to creating globally minded citizens in a globalized world.
- Describe how you will promote digital etiquette, responsible social interactions, and cultural awareness in local and global digital communities with students collaborating with students from other cultures using digital age communication tools.
- Describe three student-centered strategies to improve the school’s current level of cultural competency and cultural climate.
- Review two local and global learning digital communities that explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning. Promote the school’s participation in these communities to enhance the students’ global awareness, cultural understanding, and comprehension of the globalized, interconnected world.
Use 3-5 scholarly resources to support your main ideas. Your graphic organizer or infographic should be first and then your essay. You will be submitting your graphic organizer or infographic and essay as one deliverable to your instructor in LoudCloud.
While APA format is not required for this assignment, solid academic writing is expected. In-text citations and a reference page should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.