Marketing Group Assignment
1. After Marta received her new roommate's name, she found her on Facebook and worried that she looked like a party-girl. This is an example of the _____ theory.
A. cognitive dissonance
B. Pollyanna principle
C. implicit personality
2. In Self Competency, Doing Business in Arab Countries: _____ involves withholding one's reactions to give the other party a way to exit the situation with minimal discomfort.
A. saving face
3. When Kelly walked into the grocery store, she headed straight for the produce section and ignored the workers handing out free samples. What part of the perceptual process is she using?
C. perceptual selection
D. perceptual organization
4. Colton decided not to hire the candidate who had attended the state school because he knew that everyone who went to that school preferred to party rather than study. Which perceptual error is Colton making?
A. halo effect
C. contrast effects
5. Which of these scenarios shows how motion works as an external factor in the perceptual selection?
A. To convince the client to go with the new advertisement, Ned displayed the ad on a poster that was ten times the size of a regular magazine page.
B. Bobby received an e-mail from his boss that said, “Please report immediately to the human resource director.”
C. Jane was hired by the sandwich shop to stand outside with a signboard and direct people into the store.
D. Kellen reminded the marketing group to always include the company logo in any materials they sent out. .