Managing International Business Assignment
Chapter 3 Managing International Business
DUE IN 16 HOURS
MANAGING INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ACROSS BUSINESS FUNCTIONS
When a firm plans to conduct business in a foreign country, it should request input from its managers across various departments. The production managers may assess a country according to the expenses associated with production and therefore may focus on the following :
- What is the cost of hiring the necessary labor?
- What is the cost of developing a new facility?
- What is the cost of purchasing an existing facility?
- Does the country have access to the necessary materials and technology?
- What is the foreign demand for the firm’s product?
- What is the cost of marketing the product in that country?
- Is it possible to obtain a local loan in that country?
- What is the interest rate charged on local loans?
With these questions in mind choose one of the products below to determine if this product based out of the United States has a chance of becoming successful in the country that it is listed with it.
There is no example for this assignment.
Illustrate the current demand for the product and why.
Show how that demand would withstand a different culture as of the one of the country and product you have chosen.
How would you market the product to this new market?
Utilize the internet, textbook, magazines, and publications to supply information for your answers.Get Business and Finance homework help today