Writing Tips Assignment
February 19th, 2020
Tips for Writing a Statement of Purpose
A statement of purpose is a short essay that a college or university entrant has to compose in order to introduce themselves to an admissions committee. A statement of purpose needs to show your previous education, work experience, career and academic goals, as well as what factors have influenced your choice of a profession or major.
Steps for Writing a Statement of Purpose
- Read all about the educational institution in which you want to apply, and the program and major you have selected.
- Make a short list of points that have motivated you to become a student of this particular institution.
- Think of your past experiences, skills, and qualifications, as well as personal traits and qualities that will help you successfully perform in the profession you wish to acquire.
- Based on the mission, values, and principles that the institution in which you are applying for upholds, think of what personal goals the committee is expecting the candidates to set out. Try to integrate these with your own system of principles in your statement of purpose.
- Write a draft, trying to stay within the limit of 400-500 words (if not stated otherwise in the application requirements).
- Write an introduction, specifying the program for which you are applying, briefly explaining your choice of a future profession, as well as this particular institution, so that you can further expand on this reasoning in the paragraphs of the main body.
- Write a conclusion, projecting your future career goals and outlining how acquiring this particular profession in this institution will influence your personal development and career success.
- Proofread your statement of purpose several times.
alternatively, you can allow homeofwriters to assist you professionallyGet Business and Finance homework help today