The Antwone Fisher Story Assignment
For this project, you will be analyzing the 2002 film Antwone Fisher about a young navy man who is forced to see a psychiatrist after a violent outburst against a fellow crewman.
This film analysis will provide you with an opportunity to apply course materials to a circumstance that is typical of many individuals who find themselves in correctional settings. A number of questions have been provided to guide your analysis. I do however encourage you to complete an analysis that includes any additional observations or concerns that you have identified.
This paper should be between 4 and 5 pages in length and meet all the requirements listed in the grading rubric (See Syllabus for Grading Rubrics). The paper should be written in APA format and include a Title Page and Reference page. Please cite at least 5 references in this paper. Please note that the focus of the assignment is on questions 5 and 6.
- What is the context of the movie?
- Is longing a root metaphor in the movies? (Explain) What is the goal of his longing?
- What strengths are apparent in his life? Why is it important to understanding strengths?
- What are his primary behavior patterns?
- What models discussed in class would you apply to intervention with the primary character?
- Apply elements of the Missouri Needs Assessment Scale to this case.
- Can you summarize the “poem” its meaning and application for intervention?
- What would you have done differently in terms of the intervention (explain)?
- The length of this assignment should be 4-5 pages
- This assignment is due during the Week the Chapter is being discussed.
- APA formatting is required for all written assignments (unless noted otherwise)
- Course text(s), lecture notes and other course material/readings should be cited in all written assignments if used as a reference
- Assignment file must have a .doc or .docx extension; presentations should use PowerPoint
- At least 2 outside sources (journal/research articles, books, etc.) should be integrated
- Points for this assignment = 150. Get Psychology homework help today