Prenatal Development Assignment
With the evolution of Google, accessible information, the study of genetics, prenatal tests, social media, and many other sources of information for new parents, the process of preparing for a healthy baby can be overwhelming.
For this first journal assignment, reflect on the substance and theoretical foundation of what you have learned this week about prenatal development. Then write a reflective essay that addresses the following:
- Comment on how this week’s learning and materials compliment, oppose, and/or affect change in your positions and attitudes on the relevant subject matter.
- From this reflection, formulate and articulate three pieces of advice to help expecting parents to ensure the healthy development of their baby.
- Analyze how your recommendations are grounded in relevant theory.
- Explain how a decision to ground your recommendations in a different theoretical framework might have affected your decisions and actions.
- Based on your response to the previous question, describe what you see as the proper or optimal way to think about the relationship between theory and practice.
- Explain how the recommendations you selected help to ensure healthy development.
- Explain how ethical concerns might arise related to things such as prenatal tests and predictions.
Be sure to consider what you read about in Chapters 1 and 2 of the course textbook relating to developmental theory and the evaluation of research evidence for claims.
Point Value: 3 PointsWeekly Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 2, 3, 4Course Learning Outcome Alignment: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6…Get Psychology homework help today