Improvement of Standards Assignment
February 19th, 2020
Imagine that you are a teacher leader and you are a member of a committee with other teacher leaders. The superintendent has asked your committee to propose suggestions for the improvement of standards.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast learning organizations and learning communities. Choose the environment where you believe it is easier to improve standards and explain why.
- Determine how the traditional view of education creates an impact on today’s learning environments and standards.
- Evaluate the effects of standards on the quality of education.
- Determine your position on the involvement level of state and federal agencies in standards.
- Defend your opinion regarding the level of government involvement in school standards.
- Propose three (3) ways to find mutual ground with people of the opposition.
- Determine where your school district needs the most improvement in regard to:
- profound learning and propose a solution.
- superficial learning and propose a solution.
- content standards and propose a solution.
- performance standards and propose a solution.
- Include at least five (5) references (no more than five (5) years old) from material outside the textbook.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify similarities and differences between learning organizations and learning communities.
- Explain the traditional view of education and how it creates an impact on today’ s learning environments.
- Determine the various effects of standards on the quality of education.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in teacher leadership.
- Write clearly and concisely about teacher leadership using proper writing mechanics. Get Social Science help today