How To Learn Best Assignment
Prior to engaging in this discussion, be sure to read “Hierarchy of needs: The five levels of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs,” (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. view the Emotional intelligence (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. and Information literacy:
The perils of online research (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. videos, begin reading Chapters 1 and 2 in your text and review any relevant Instructor Guidance. This guidance can be very helpful as it may include strategies that support your preferred learning. It is also important to refer to the “Discussion Forum Grading Rubric” for guidance on how your discussion posts will be evaluated.
In an initial post of 450-500 words, begin by listing the five ways you currently believe you learn best (e.g., loud music playing, taking notes, highlighting material, reading out loud). After you have created your list, click the links below and take the following assessments. Note: It is important to make your list prior to taking the quizzes so that you will have opportunities to reflect on potential disparities.
- Multiple Intelligences (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.- a theory that suggests individuals have preferred learning preferences
- Emotional Intelligence (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.- a theory that suggests that learning is affected by our ability to ability to perceive, control and evaluate emotions.
- Body Language Quiz (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.- suggests that what a person sees versus what a person hears in the environment surrounding the situation can affect the probable conclusions the person constructs about the information.
The measurements taken by these assessments are only being used to help you identify how multifaceted and diverse learning is; they are not meant to endorse these surveys or guarantee their accuracy. Copy and paste your results from the assessments into the forum beneath your initial list, take a moment to evaluate the different types of learning presented, and then address the following:
- Are you surprised by your results on the assessments? Why, or Why not?
- Name at least two behaviors you exhibit that support at least one of these assessment results.
- Based on these results, critically evaluate your own behaviors.
- Are there behaviors you could practice that might help you learn better?
- List at least two behaviors you could change or traits you could develop in your own behaviors, and explain how they support your assessment results.
- For example: “I could create flashcards because the assessments identify that visual learning comes easier to me.”
- Describe how the information you learned about yourself in the assessments might support the Behaviorist and Cognitivist theories you read about in Chapters 1 and 2.
- Incorporate examples from research into your discussion to support your statements, and cite all your references in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. This great tutorial provided by the Ashford University Library will show you how to find scholarly articles and how to assess the scholarly quality of the resource. Get Psychology homework help today