Blended Learning Assignment
February 19th, 2020
Schools are finding that technology has provided teachers with the ability to individualize instruction; therefore, it can be a great learning tool to enhance instruction and motivate students. As future educators, you will be expected to integrate the use of technology into your classroom lessons. Many schools are turning to blended learning classrooms in which students can learn in both face-to-face and online formats.
View the following videos below for an overview of blended learning:
- Video: The Fundamentals of Blended Learning (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Video: Salman Khan Describes Future Classrooms with Blended Learning (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
In a two- to three-page paper (not including title and reference pages), address these conditions:
- Outline the different types of blended learning.
- Explain which theories inform blended learning.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of blended learning.
- Use at least three scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook, to support your response. You may cite web articles, peer-reviewed scholarly articles, your own experience, and/or interviews with classroom teachers.
- Explain how blended learning is changing your role as an educator.
- Select two of the following Webtools: Edmodo, Twitter, Facebook, Storybird, Voicethread, Google Docs, Diigo, or TodaysMeet. Conduct an internet search to find out more about these Webtools and discuss how you might use your selected Web tools in the classroom to create your blended learning environment. Get Social Science help today