Parenting Styles Assignment
After viewing the video Positive Discipline for Toddlers (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. (for an alternate accessible resource read âDiana Baumrindâs (1996) Prototypical Descriptions of 3 Parenting Styles (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.â) and reviewing the Parenting Style Questionnaire (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site., write a three- to four-page paper that includes the following:
- Compare and contrast two parenting styles (i.e., uninvolved parenting, permissive parenting, authoritarian parenting, or authoritative parenting).
- Explain, for one developmental stage between 2 and 15 years of age, how parenting styles influence a childâs behavior in the classroom.
- Explain how modifications in parenting can create a positive family environment.
- Assignment Length: Your written paper must be at least three to four pages in length (not including title and reference pages).
- Title Page: Inclusion of a separate title page with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Studentâs name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâs name
- Date submitted
- Source Requirement: Reference three scholarly sources in addition to the text. All sources included in the reference list must be cited in the portfolio.
- APA Formatting: Use APA formatting consistently throughout the assignment, which includes citations in the body of the assignment, the title page, and references list, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Syntax and Mechanics: Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar.
Wardle, F., & Fitzpatrick, T. (2016). Children & families: Understanding behavior & dynamics [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/
*You must properly cite and reference the course text in every discussion. A citation is a parenthetical note within the body of your response. It comes after a direct quote or a paraphrase. A reference comes at the end of your response and refers to the required reading or material. Use in-text citations. Get Psychology homework help today