Conviction and Maximum Penalty Assignment
February 18th, 2020
For each of the following incidents, indicate the offense that will be charged, the elements that must be proven for a successful conviction, and the maximum penalty.”
- The accused killed her child shortly after childbirth.
- The accused threaten someone using an imitation weapon.
- The accused robbed a bank using a gun
- The accused entered a home and stole a television
- The accused set fire to his friend’s car
- The accused pushed his friend down the stairs. The friend died.
- The accused was speeding down the street with another car, and a pedestrian was killed when the cars lost control
- The accused was observed by undercover police communicating in a public place for the purpose of buying sexual services
- The accused is stalking someone
- The accused is selling marijuana to students in a park near a school
- The accused is pulled over by police and is asked to undergo the roadside screen test. He refuses. Get Social Science help today