For this assignment, you will watch the movie “12 Angry Men” and answer the questions on Moodle. Make sure to be specific and complete when answering the questions.
You can use either the updated version of the movie or the original. The movie is available for you to watch at the Pitt CC library or you can rent it from a local video store.
In question 3, you are asked about barriers to critical thinking–please refer to Personal Barriers to Critical Thinking that are listed on Moodle. Please remember to fully develop your answers and identify specific logical fallacies in question #5. Please only use logical fallacies that are listed in our text.
Watch “12 Angry Men” and complete the activity in the course pack. This assignment will be due next week.
12 Angry Men table (1957)
|JURY ROOM, 12 ANGRY MEN (by Reginald Rose)|
The Original Movie (1957)
|Juror 1. The Foreman|
35, small, petty,
30, doodler, snob
|Juror 2. Squeaky|
38, bank clerk, meek.
|Juror 11. Immigrant|
48, humble, suffered injustice
|Juror 3. Angry Man|
40, highly prejudice
|Juror 10. Bigot|
46, comes to quick decisions (Ed Bagley)
|Juror 4. Retired Man|
50, stockbroker, rational
|Juror 9. Old Man|
70, mild, gentle, has all his faculties
|Juror 5. Mechanic|
25, Baltimore, grew up in slum (Jack Klugman)
|Juror 8. Our Hero|
42, architect, charismatic, dark and moody, used to power (Henry Fonda)
|Juror 6. Everyman|
33, decent, housepainter, not used to making decisions
|Juror 7. Mr. Baseball|
42, loud, flashy, short tempered; wants to go to Yankees game (Jack Ward)
“12 Angry Men” questions
“12 ANGRY MEN” HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT
Instructions: Watch the movie “12 Angry Men”.
Answer the following questions completely and turn them in to me.
1. Which character is the most effective critical thinker? Which characteristics of a critical thinker does this person exemplify? Explain your answer in 2-3 paragraphs and support yourself with specific examples from the movie.
2. Which character is the least effective critical thinker? Explain your answer in 2-3 paragraphs and support yourself with specific examples from the movie.
3. What barriers to critical thinking prevent any other 3 jurors from thinking critically? (Do not choose the juror you discussed in question #2.) In 1 paragraph per juror, tell the obstacle(s) and how it prevents each one from thinking critically. Use examples from the film for each juror to support yourself.
4. At what point do any 3 of the jurors become critical thinkers Do not choose the juror you discussed in question 1. Specifically, what happens to make each one think critically? Explain in 1 paragraph per juror.
5. Identify four examples of logical fallacies in the jurors’ thinking processes. Give the juror, the fallacy that the juror uses, and the context for each example. Get homework help here
12 Angry Men (1997)
|JURY ROOM, 12 ANGRY MEN|
Updated Movie Version (1997)
|Juror 1. The Foreman|
|Juror 2. Older African American|
|Juror 11. Immigrant||Juror 3. Angry Man|
(George C. Scott)
|Juror 10. Young African American||Juror 4. Retired Man|
|Juror 9. Old Man||Juror 5. Mechanic|
grew up in slum
|Juror 8. Architect|
|Juror 6. Decent Man|
|Juror 7. Mr. Baseball|
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
Australia Assessments has gained an international reputation of being the leading website in custom assignment writing services. Once you give us the instructions of your paper through the order form, we will complete the rest.
As we work towards providing the best custom assignment services, our company provides assignment services for any type of academic essay. We will help you develop professionally written essays that are rich in content and free from plagiarism.
Admission and Business Papers
Our skilled team of professional writers will ensure that we help you craft a remarkable admission essay for your desired Master's program in your institution of choice. We won't stop there. Once you enter the job market, we will be available to secure you a position at your desired worksite by creating an outstanding portfolio or resume.
Editing and Proofreading
Our editorial team is always available for all editing and proofreading services. They check completed papers by our writers and also provide professional opinions to papers completed by our clients.
We harbor professional academic writers with different qualifications in diverse academic fields. As such, we are capable of handling both simple and technical papers. Ensure that you provide us with correct and complete instructions in the order form.